compile time options

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Sep 30 13:33:17 CEST 2003

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 07:55:58 +0200
Boris 'pi' Piwinger <3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at> wrote:

> Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> >IMHO, we can just drop Graham's original method. I wonder if we
> >should drop Robinson's original method; but in either case, we should
> >just drop these --disable options, they add some baggage to the build
> >system that isn't important given the total project size -- did
> >someone say "lexer":-)
>
> Maybe it is really time for a major cleanup. People who
> would be hurt by that (and cannot just change to the
> remaining methods) cannot upgrade, but if we carefully
> choose our options, this is good enough. I'd be willing to
> go through the list of options and the config file to make
> my suggestions.
>
> First candidates for features besides the two old algorithms
> are:
> - Split database
> - '-H' (header-degen) option (after say a month everybody
>   who needs it can use 0.15.5)
>
> pi

Hi pi,

The header-degen option is a transitional option to bridge the
transition to tagging all header tokens.  There are several other such
transitional options, specifically the "-P" group of i/I, h/H, and t/T
options.

I'm anticipating 0.15.5 being promoted from "current release" to "stable
release" in a week.  That'll be an appropriate time to announce cleanup
plans.