bogofilter icon

Geoff capsthorne at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 29 20:39:53 CEST 2003

On 29 Sep 2003 14:19:54 -0400
Tom Anderson <tanderso at oac-design.com> wrote:

> I would think a mail sorter would be more to the point:
> http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=mail+sorter&btnG=Google+Search
>
> However, either a mail sorter or a baggage screener will
> tend to be too complex, IMHO, to represent in a simple
> icon.
>
> Alternately, we could just choose an interesting font to
> represent bogofilter.  Companies often do that, eg: IBM.
>
> Latest suggestions:
> http://orderamidchaos.com/bogofilter/icons.html

I know its a bad idea for a guy (me) who can't draw to
suggest logos, but how about a filter-funnel with a mix of
(say) black and white coloured letters (as in snail mails)
jostling to get in at the mouth and a stream of only white
coloured ones coming out of the narrow end?  Problem would
be to get the letters small enough yet still comprehensible
as such, but I think it could be done.

Geoff