Unixware

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Sep 24 20:45:19 CEST 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, David Relson wrote:

> Anybody successfully running bogofilter on Unixware, specifically
> i686-UnixWare7.0.1-sysv5.  If which compiler are you using?  Did you
> have any problems?  How'd you deal with them?

No, and you should not invest a split second into getting our fine
software working on Unixware.

Unixware, OpenUNIX and OpenServer are SCO products, and given SCO's war
on Open Source software and SCO's efforts to blackmail Open Source
(Linux) users, we MUST NOT support SCO products.

We're lucky that bogofilter does not work on Unixware, because that's
one reason why the poor fellow who doesn't get it working might switch
away from an SCO system and cancel his SCO contracts. There are
commercial (Solaris, BSDI) and non-commercial (FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD,
Linux) alternatives.

I will not support SCO operating systems except Linux.

Note I will revert all patches that add SCO compatibility when they
cause any grief on other systems, without prior notice.