Can bogofilter filter Swen

p at dirac.org p at dirac.org
Tue Sep 23 19:51:09 CEST 2003

hi stephen,

i have a procmail solution.  it works perfectly, for all win32
executable viruses:

# Broad antivirus recipe:
#
# Look at attachment content.  The 2nd condition is the header of a
# win32 exe encoded with base64.  No matter how the virus is named,
# that header MUST have this specific form, or it won't be recognized
# by Windows as an exe.  So every # attachment that starts with
# TVqQAAMAAAAEAAAA//8AALg is a win32 program: a # potential virus.
# The 3rd condition is the string "this program cannot be run in
# MS-DOS mode" encoded in base64.  It's helps avoid false positives.
#
# Thank you Roland Smith <rsmith at xs4all.nl>
#
:0 B
* ^Content-Transfer-Encoding:.*base64
* ^TVqQAAMAAAAEAAAA//8AALg
* 4fug4AtAnNIbg
{
   LOG="[virus: win32 exe]     "

   :0
   /dev/null
}

this recipe works perfectly.  i haven't gotten a single win32 virus in
my inbox.  nothing.  not klez, not yaha, not sobig, not swen.  nada.
zip.  zero.

the only thing i DO get in my inbox are those stupid messages by RAV
antivirus telling me that it removed an executable that was probably a
virus but still delivered the text portion "dear microsoft customer...".

hopefully, bogofilter will help filter THOSE messages...  ;)

pete