New Releases - 0.14.5.4 and 0.15.0

Jef Poskanzer jef at acme.com
Wed Sep 3 08:25:52 CEST 2003

>Is there some method to train on an entire MH mailbox?

What I have been using up until now is:

    alias spam_all 'ls | xargs bogofilter -s -B'
    alias ham_all 'ls | xargs bogofilter -n -B'

Previously I was doing ls | bogofilter -b; however, that would do the
whole folder in a single run.  Since my spam folder typically has more
than 5000 messages in it (that's just one week's worth), registering it
all can take quite a while, and the bogofilter processess trying to run
on my incoming mail are all waiting on the lock.  Eventually procmail
will start to time-out and I get a big mess in my inbox.  So, instead
I use xargs and -B so that the mass registration gets broken up into
batches and incoming mail gets a chance to run.

If the 0.15 MH handling also tries to do the whole folder in a single
run, I might have to keep doing it this way.
---
Jef

         Jef Poskanzer  jef at acme.com  http://www.acme.com/jef/