Filters That Fight Back

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Tue Sep 2 19:48:38 CEST 2003

Matt, that's a good point.  Most spam bounces would tend to bounce back
again.  Not really a way around that one.  I still think a bounce as a
courtesy to the occasional non-spammer or ignorant-spammer would be a
good idea, but the punishment reason would be hindered by non-working
addresses even if you could detect the forged headers perfectly.  In the
end, the overhead would probably not be worth it.  I guess we're better
off ignoring them instead.

Sincerely,

Tom Anderson
Order amid Chaos, Inc.