Bogofilter-0.15.9 - New Current Release

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Nov 24 21:17:32 CET 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:07:10 +0000
Richard Kimber <rkimber at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 16:22:15 -0500
> David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:
>
> > Be sure to read RELEASE.NOTES-0.15, with attention to the section
> > about retraining and the '-H' flag...
>
> May I assume that, since this refers to the generic 0.15 series, I
> wouldn't need to re-train if I downloaded and installed it?
>
> You may remember a while back I made a request that these
> announcements should have a specific note about whether re-training
> would be required. It would help me a lot to know what is involved
> before I take any action.
>
> 0.15.8 has worked very well indeed on my machine, but I'm always keen
> to have enhancements :)
>
> - Richard.

Richard,

I do recall your request, but didn't think of it when the announce went
out.

Retraining is necessary only when there's a major lexer change and that
doesn't happen very often.  If upgrading from 0.15.5 or newer, there's
no need in retraining.  If upgrading from 0.15.4 or older,  retraining
would be valuable as it would add "head:" prefixes for header line
tokens (that aren't otherwise being tagged).