Bogofilter-0.15.9 - New Current Release

Richard Kimber rkimber at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 24 22:08:49 CET 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:17:32 -0500
David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:

> Retraining is necessary only when there's a major lexer change and that
> doesn't happen very often.  If upgrading from 0.15.5 or newer, there's
> no need in retraining.  If upgrading from 0.15.4 or older,  retraining
> would be valuable as it would add "head:" prefixes for header line
> tokens (that aren't otherwise being tagged).

Thanks.  It's just that when I see:-

* Lexer changes reduce size of bogofilter executable by approx 90%.
* Lexer.c no longer discards X-Bogosity lines in rfc822 attachments.
* Removed repetition counts in lexer for TOKEN and MIME_BOUNDARY
  patterns to reduce executable size.

it's not clear to me what's involved.  I'm not really in a position to
judge major and minor changes, which is why I appreciate guidance.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/