make check fails (t.parsing) on Mac OS X

Jim Correia jim.correia at pobox.com
Sat May 31 06:06:56 CEST 2003

A followup for the benefit of the list (and those using Mac OS X). The
problem is that I built on (because I normally use) a case-insensitive
file system, which caused the test to fail because it presumes it is
working on a case-sensitive file system.

Building on a case-sensitive file system (I created a disk image (which
is like a soft partition) for this purpose) shows that the test passes
on X as well.

If having the test work correctly on a stock OS X box is important I
can take a crack at modifying the test to work on a case insensitive
filesystem, or I'm  happy to test a patch from someone who speaks sh
more fluently than myself.

Jim