make check fails (t.parsing) on Mac OS X

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat May 31 04:14:07 CEST 2003

At 09:29 PM 5/30/03, Jim Correia wrote:
>I just upgraded to the new release.
>
>Make check fails for t.parsing.
>
>./outputs/parsing-IHT.out ./checks.24021.20030530T212309/parsing-IHT.out
>differ: char 9, line 1
>FAIL: t.parsing
>
>Turns out it also failed for bogofilter 0.13.2.1 (which was the previous
>release I was using) but someone didn't catch it when I did make check.
>
>The release I was using before that was 0.12.2 and make check passes, but
>it doesn't appear to have a t.parsing test.
>
>a) How concerned should I be about the failure? (bogofilter seems to be
>catching spam fine - better now after a retrain than before the recent
>round of case changes)
>
>b) What can I do to aid in tracking down the problem?
>
>Jim

Hi Jim,

The thing to do is run the test from the command line and use verbose mode,
i.e.

         cd src/tests/bogofilter
         t.parsing -v

The verbose output will indicate exactly which of the sub-tests pass and
which fail.  If you diff the failed outputs, you'll probably be able to see
what's wrong.

Whether you spot the problem or not, make a .tgz file of the output
directory, i.e. "tar zcvf parsing.2003.tgz parsing.2003.MMDD", and send it
to me.  From the output, I should be able to tell what's wrong.  Likely
it's a character set difference or sorting difference between OS-X and Linux.