make check fails (t.parsing) on Mac OS X

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat May 31 14:42:26 CEST 2003

At 12:06 AM 5/31/03, Jim Correia wrote:
>A followup for the benefit of the list (and those using Mac OS X). The
>problem is that I built on (because I normally use) a case-insensitive
>file system, which caused the test to fail because it presumes it is
>working on a case-sensitive file system.
>
>Building on a case-sensitive file system (I created a disk image (which is
>like a soft partition) for this purpose) shows that the test passes on X
>as well.
>
>If having the test work correctly on a stock OS X box is important I can
>take a crack at modifying the test to work on a case insensitive
>filesystem, or I'm  happy to test a patch from someone who speaks sh more
>fluently than myself.
>
>Jim

Jim,

I've just modified the test so that all the outputs go into a single
file.  Multiple files were useful when developing and testing the new
parsing options, i.e. -PI/-Pi, -PH/-Ph, and -PT/-Pt.  As they're not
necessary and as the names have problems on UFS, using a single file is simple.

The changes are in CVS and will be in the next release.  Until then, test
bogofilter/t.parsing will FAIL on OS X.