make check fails (t.parsing) on Mac OS X (was Re: [bogofilter-announce] bogofilter-0.13.4 - new current release)

Jim Correia jim.correia at pobox.com
Sat May 31 03:29:11 CEST 2003

I just upgraded to the new release.

Make check fails for t.parsing.

./outputs/parsing-IHT.out
./checks.24021.20030530T212309/parsing-IHT.out differ: char 9, line 1
FAIL: t.parsing

Turns out it also failed for bogofilter 0.13.2.1 (which was the
previous release I was using) but someone didn't catch it when I did
make check.

The release I was using before that was 0.12.2 and make check passes,
but it doesn't appear to have a t.parsing test.

a) How concerned should I be about the failure? (bogofilter seems to be
catching spam fine - better now after a retrain than before the recent
round of case changes)

b) What can I do to aid in tracking down the problem?

Jim