something wierd

Rodney D. Myers rdmyers at pe.net
Wed May 21 05:06:35 CEST 2003

On Tue, 20 May 2003 21:25:55 -0400
David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:

> > > Remember what's spam to you may be ham to him, and vice versa.
> >
> >Okay, but.... this was run inside his spam folder, which is why I
> >was/am stumped.

MH format. He has 3000+ pieces of spam/email that was filtered there,
using another spam filter, it placed files in /tmp, which were forever
getting deleted, hence I/we moved to bogofilter.

> Being unfamiliar with you/his setup, what's does "inside his spam
> folder" mean and what is the significance of that?
>
> > > Also, the flag combination "-svvu" is self-contradictory.  "-s"
> > > says"take this message and register it as spam", while "-u" says
> > > "classify this message and add it to spamlist.db if it's spam or
> > > to goodlist.db if it's good".  I'll have to check to see why
> > > bogofilter didn't complain at the use of "-s" and "-u".
> > >
> > > David
> >
> >I got that script from the sylpheed-claws mail list. It looked
> >correct, a few versions ago ;-)
>
> "that script" refers to what?  Can you post the script in its entirety
> or email a copy to me?

SPAM/SPAM: cat %F | /usr/local/bin/bogofilter -svvu

This came from within the sylpheed-claws mail list, though a few
revisions of bogofilter ago. It runs as an "action" script, that runs
manually, when selected.

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers at pe.net>
ICQ#:     AIM#:       YAHOO: