invalid switch combinatin [was: something wierd]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed May 21 05:33:24 CEST 2003

At 11:06 PM 5/20/03, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
>On Tue, 20 May 2003 21:25:55 -0400
>
>SPAM/SPAM: cat %F | /usr/local/bin/bogofilter -svvu

Rodney,

You don't mention which version of bogofilter you're using.  Bogofilter is
supposed to detect conflicting command line switches, but there's a defect
in that code.  '-s' and '-u' should be diagnosed as an error, but in recent
releases the '-u' switch totally overrides the '-s' switch.  I just revised
the code in cvs so that many more illegal switch combinations are diagnosed.

I'm not sure what '-svvu' was intended to do, but it was treated as '-vvu'
until my fix.  It is now diagnosed as an invalid combination of options.