something wierd

Rodney D. Myers rdmyers at pe.net
Wed May 21 02:10:48 CEST 2003

On Tue, 20 May 2003 19:10:38 -0400
David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:

> At 05:54 PM 5/20/03, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> >I'm using sylpheed-claws as my mailer, along with a friend of mine.
> >
> >Earlier today, I sent him a file, to register his email as spam;
> >
> >SPAM/SPAM: cat %F | /usr/local/bin/bogofilter -svvu
> >
> >which on my system takes the individual email, and marks it as SPAM.
> >On his identical system, I set his up, this same "script/action"
> >marks the spam as "GOOD", and notes it in his
> >~/.bogofilter/goodlist.db.
> >
> >Any ideas as to why his system would be doing that?
> >
> >I don't have a screen shots. :-(
>
> Rodney,
>
> Bogofilter's results depend not on how its configured (mailer, paths,
> etc), but on the contents of the wordlists.  If the two of you have
> indentical wordlists you should get identical results.  With different
> wordlists, the results will be different.

okay.. I'll have him rerun his spam-filter script, which is the
trainbogofilter script in the /contrib folder, to get his *.db files
back to "normal".

> Remember what's spam to you may be ham to him, and vice versa.

Okay, but.... this was run inside his spam folder, which is why I was/am
stumped.

> Also, the flag combination "-svvu" is self-contradictory.  "-s" says
> "take this message and register it as spam", while "-u" says "classify
> this message and add it to spamlist.db if it's spam or to goodlist.db
> if it's good".  I'll have to check to see why bogofilter didn't
> complain at the use of "-s" and "-u".
>
> David

I got that script from the sylpheed-claws mail list. It looked correct,
a few versions ago ;-)

Many thanks on the effort(s).

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers at pe.net>