problems compiling on OpenBSD

Gustaf Erikson gustafe at home.se
Thu May 15 21:27:58 CEST 2003

Hi!

Sorry if this is a FAQ. I've read the README, the FAQ in the doc/ dir,
and googled the web and list archives, but I'm still stumped.

I'm trying to build bogofilter on OpenBSD (OpenBSD openbsd 3.2
GENERIC#0 i386). The version I've downloaded is 0.11.2. After
untarring, I run ./configure and get the following message:

  [ ger at openbsd: ~/src/bogofilter-0.11.2 ]% ./configure
  checking whether db_create is declared... no
  configure: error: Can not locate a suitable BerkeleyDB db.h header file.
  Use --with-db=PATH to specify the path to a v3+ install directory.
  You can download BerkeleyDB 4.0.x from http://www.sleepycat.com/

BerkeleyDB is installed from OpenBSD ports:

  [ /root ]# pkg_info |grep db
  db-3.1.17          Berkeley DB package, revision 3

Which directory should I specify in the "--with-db" directive?
/usr/local, /usr/local/bin, or /usr/local/include?

Any of these give me the following message:

  [ ger at openbsd: ~/src/bogofilter-0.11.2 ]% ./configure --with-db=/usr/local
  checking for cos in -lm... yes
  configure: error: Not a BerkeleyDB path. Use LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS to specify the path.

The FAQ mentions Solaris, but the directory mentioned there
(/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1) doesn't seem to match my installation:
executables (db_*) in /usr/local/bin, include files (db3.h ,db_185.h
,db_cxx.h) in /usr/local/include, and libs (libdb.a, libdb.la,
libdb_cxx.a, libdb_cxx.la) in /usr/local/lib.

Any help would be appreciated.

/g.

--
Gustaf Erikson <<< mobile: 073-338 76 18 >>> http://stureby.net/gustaf/
"The lusers I know are so clueless, that if they were dipped in clue musk and