problems compiling on OpenBSD

Jonathan Hunt jonathan at xlcus.com
Fri May 16 21:19:37 CEST 2003

> I'm trying to build bogofilter on OpenBSD
> I run ./configure and get the following message:
> configure: error: Can not locate a suitable BerkeleyDB db.h header file.
> Use --with-db=PATH to specify the path to a v3+ install directory.

I had this very problem trying to compile bogofilter on my own
OpenBSD server.  I spent ages trying to get it to work with the
ports version of BerkeleyDB.  In the end I downloaded and compiled
the BerkeleyDB source from http://www.sleepycat.com/ and then
had no problems compiling bogofilter.

Not sure why it didn't work with the ports version...

--
Jonathan Hunt
http://sytes.org/