bogofilter 0.12.2 binary package for FreeBSD 4.X on Pentium-compatible

Sam Hills rcb at bbll.com
Mon May 12 18:33:17 CEST 2003

Matthias Andree wrote:

>Sam Hills <rcb at bbll.com> writes:
>

>>No joy.  I got "not found" on pkg_update. When I ran pkg_add, it would
>>not install because I don't have write access to the directories it was
>>trying to write to.  I tried it again with the -p flag, specifying
>>pkg_add -p /home/bbell bogofilter-0.12.2.tgz but that gave me the same
>>flood of 'permission denied' errors.
>>

>My apologies, I didn't test that. Now I know better.
>
>If you don't mind doing this outside the packaging scheme, try
>
>pkg_add -R -p /home/bbell/bogofilter bogofilter-0.12.2.tgz
>
>This installs bogofilter-0.12.2 into /home/bbell/bogofilter, and you can
>later rm -rf /home/bbell/bogofilter to get rid of it again.

Still no joy.  When I tried that, I got a slew of error messages of the form
    ./share/xml: user/group/mode not modified: Operation not permitted
However, it did unpack the tarball.

I then tried to run bogofilter and I got the following error:

?ELF: not found
Ø.4^: not found
4^: not found
^: not found
bogofilter/bin/bogofilter: 6: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

Prior to receiving your message, I tried manually unpacking the tarball
(by simply running gunzip and tar), and got the same error.