bogofilter 0.12.2 binary package for FreeBSD 4.X on Pentium-compatible

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat May 10 01:45:56 CEST 2003

Sam Hills <rcb at bbll.com> writes:

> No joy.  I got "not found" on pkg_update. When I ran pkg_add, it would
> not install because I don't have write access to the directories it was
> trying to write to.  I tried it again with the -p flag, specifying
> pkg_add -p /home/bbell bogofilter-0.12.2.tgz but that gave me the same
> flood of 'permission denied' errors.

My apologies, I didn't test that. Now I know better.

If you don't mind doing this outside the packaging scheme, try

pkg_add -R -p /home/bbell/bogofilter bogofilter-0.12.2.tgz

This installs bogofilter-0.12.2 into /home/bbell/bogofilter, and you can
later rm -rf /home/bbell/bogofilter to get rid of it again.