UI for correcting mistakes

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Fri Mar 14 13:49:59 CET 2003

On 20030314 (Fri) at 0719:49 -0500, David Relson wrote:
> At 05:43 AM 3/14/03, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:
>
> >elijah <elijah at riseup.net> wrote:
> >
> >>5) lobotomized aliases
> >>
> >>since most clients don't support bouncing messages, you could set up an
> >>alias which accepted forwards. The first thing it did was strip away all
> >>the headers and try to remove the 'forward' stanza. Then it would pass it
> >>to bogofilter.
> >
> >Simply forward as an attachment. So no headers are added.
>

> There's a lot of valuable information in the headers.  Preserving it is
> important for training bogofilter.  Whether it's better to forward or
> attach is something I'm not sure of.  It could depend on the MUA.  Also,
> I'd bet that having a 'forward' stanza is pretty harmless and unlikely to
> skew results.

My power users bounce their spam (Eudora calls it "redirect" IIRC) --
at first they regularly forwarded it, but they started to turn up as
senders of messages that became false positives.  Since they switched
to bouncing we haven't seen that problem recur.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key: finger     |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   glouis at consultronics.com |