UI for correcting mistakes

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Mar 14 13:19:49 CET 2003

At 05:43 AM 3/14/03, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:

>elijah <elijah at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> >5) lobotomized aliases
> >
> >since most clients don't support bouncing messages, you could set up an
> >alias which accepted forwards. The first thing it did was strip away all
> >the headers and try to remove the 'forward' stanza. Then it would pass it
> >to bogofilter.
>
>Simply forward as an attachment. So no headers are added.

There's a lot of valuable information in the headers.  Preserving it is
important for training bogofilter.  Whether it's better to forward or
attach is something I'm not sure of.  It could depend on the MUA.  Also,
I'd bet that having a 'forward' stanza is pretty harmless and unlikely to
skew results.