bogofilter's default algorithm

Barry Gould BarryGould at PennySaverUSA.net
Tue Jan 21 01:21:10 CET 2003

At 01:21 PM 1/20/2003, David Relson wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>One of the big questions amongst the bogofilter developers is:
>
>         What algorithms are people using with bogofilter?
>The Robinson-Fisher algorithm was implemented during November and was
>released as part of 0.9.1.  It's an improvement over Robinson with its
>ternary result, i.e.
>
>         it's spam - and I (bogofilter) am sure of it
>         it's ham  - and I'm sure of that
>         it's not clear and I can't tell with any certainty.
>
>I think it's time to promote the Robinson-Fisher bogofilter's standard
>(default) algorithm.

David,
I'll probably be trying Robinson-Fisher when I upgrade.

However I have some questions that don't seem to be answered in any of the
files in 0.10.0:

1. does bogofilter -u handle the unknown case (i.e. does nothing)?

2. is there a exit/return code for unknown so I can handle it in procmail?

3. is there a tag with -p that says "Unknown" so I can use it in the MUA?

4. are the default cutoffs, ROBS, ROBX, etc set appropriately if I build
with Robinson-Fisher set as the default? i.e. can just compile and start
using it, or do I need to figure out what values to use?

5. is "--enable-robinson-fisher" the configure command to set
robinson-fisher as the default?

Thanks,
Barry