bogofilter's default algorithm

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Tue Jan 21 00:37:23 CET 2003

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:

>The Robinson-Fisher algorithm was implemented during November and was
>released as part of 0.9.1.  It's an improvement over Robinson with its
>ternary result, i.e.
>
>	it's spam - and I (bogofilter) am sure of it
>	it's ham  - and I'm sure of that
>	it's not clear and I can't tell with any certainty.

I haben't really been active lately and still use a pretty
old version, but I am about to upgrade now that MIME is
supported. Anyway, I use the most simple version of
bogfilter, I let it decide and (using procmail) file it as
spam if detected. Anything else is not spam for me. So I
only have right and wrong which I correct as needed. I don't
really have any use for an unsure state.

I believe this is something many people will do.

Just a thought.

pi