documenation directories [Re: ballot]

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat Jan 4 02:00:14 CET 2003

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> Each of the contrib/README.xyz files corresponds to a script in contrib.
> Rather than separate these files from their scripts, let's link to them
> from the doc directory.

Yup.

> The others can go to bogofilter/doc and from there be installed in
> ../share/doc/.../bogofilter and .../bogofilter/programmer.  I've marked
> the "programmer" ones.  Have I left any out?
>
> [relson at osage cvs]$ find . -name "README*"
> ./README
> ./README.Robinson
> ./README.cvs - programmer
> ./README.dcdflib - programmer

no, that's just where the function comes from. Not necessarily
programmer. Maybe a half of it. :-)

> ./README.hp-ux
> ./README.freebsd
> ./dcdflib/README - programmer

dcdflib is imported stuff, and we should not meddle with its structure,
it will stand in our way should the upstream version get updated one day.

> ./contrib/README.unbase64
> ./contrib/README.randomtrain
> ./contrib/README.bogopass
> ./tests/t.systest.d/README
> ./tests/README
>
> [relson at osage cvs]$ find . -name integrating*
> ./doc/integrating-with-postfix
> ./doc/integrating-with-qmail
>
> [relson at osage cvs]$ find . -name "*.example"
> ./bogofilter.cf.example

This gets installed into $sysconfdir and should stay with the built
objects.