todo and version 1.0 [was: ballot]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Jan 3 23:37:13 CET 2003

At 04:50 PM 1/3/03, Matthias Andree wrote:

> > 3 - next version - 0.9.2 or 1.0.0 or other
>
>other: 0.10.0. Remember Zack Weinberg's article ("rant"). I don't think
>we're 1.0.0 just yet.
>
>We might want to dig out the TODO document and the old mails we
>exchanged on the "what's needed for 1.0.0 issue", write up a summary,
>kill the completed items and put milestones, with the next milestone
>named 0.10.0, the following 0.11.0 and so on until we're satisfied with
>the results. We have far too many changes to name them 0.9.2.

A quick look at the todo, indicates several items have been coded.  They're
available via cvs, but have not yet been built into a release (or a
beta).  Here's the list:

1) Token aging - implemented by bogoutil in database maintenance code

4) Multiple wordlists - implemented.
    whitelists, blacklists - not implemented

6) MIME processing - implemented

7) common (neutral) words - excluded by min_dev value

The other items seem relatively minor.  I don't see them as requirements
for 1.0.  They're generally of the "nice to have, but not necessary" flavor.

In my thoughts, encodings (base64, quoted-printable, etc), mime processing,
and html handling have been the big ticket items.  They're pretty well
under control, as far as I can tell.