source code re-organization [was: ballot]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Jan 3 23:52:24 CET 2003

At 04:50 PM 1/3/03, Matthias Andree wrote:

> > 2 - source code re-organization - yay or nay
>
>Nay. We might do that at 1.0.0 release time, at which point we'd branch
>the 1-0-0-stable branch, and reorganize the tree.

Matthias,

Since I think the 1-0-0-stable branch is near, I'm willing to wait.

I believe you're suggesting the following sequence of operations is:

         tag the new branch
         reorganize the tree
         generate the beta

The next significant hunk of code I expect to see is Gyepi's work on mime
processing.  Once that's integrated and works well, I think it'll be time
to start the release cycle.

An unanswered question is:  "Should we merge the current mime branch into
the main (HEAD) branch?"