Compiling in Red hat 6.2

Paulo Jan admin at digital.ddnet.es
Tue Feb 18 16:45:06 CET 2003

> My Mandrake system uses db3, but I recently had to build and install db4
> for some tests.  Its "make install" put the files in
> /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1, so I had to use "configure
> --with-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1" and things were ok after that.
>
> Are you sure you're giving configure the correct path.? I accidentally
> used /usr/local/BerkeleyDB-4.1 and configure went and found my db3
> install and bogofilter complained when I had it open the db4 database.

	I don't really know which path should I try. db3 is installed in /lib,
while the headers are in /usr/include/db3. Which one does the configure
script need?
	The last message was something like "cannot find a suitable db.h file",
so I tried with both of the above paths, and it failed in both cases.

					Paulo Jan.
					DDnet.