Compiling in Red hat 6.2

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Feb 18 16:29:10 CET 2003

At 09:59 AM 2/18/03, Paulo Jan wrote:

>Hi all:
>
>         Sorry if this has been asked before; I couldn't find any archives
> for this list.
>         I'm trying to compile the last stable version of bogofilter in a
> Red Hat 6.2 box (yes, it's old, but it has all the security updates
> installed, and it cannot be reinstalled because it's in production). I'm
> using the SRPM, and in the "configure" phase it tells me that it can't
> find the Berkeley DB. However, the fact is that I do have it installed,
> in the form of the "db3" and "db3-devel" RPMs (and if I'm not mistaken,
> bogofilter needs just v3 of the database, not v4). I have tried to add by
> hand the "--with-db" flag in the "configure" part of the spec file, but
> without success. Does anyone have any tips?

Paulo,

My Mandrake system uses db3, but I recently had to build and install db4
for some tests.  Its "make install" put the files in
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1, so I had to use "configure
--with-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1" and things were ok after that.

Are you sure you're giving configure the correct path.? I accidentally used
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB-4.1 and configure went and found my db3 install and
bogofilter complained when I had it open the db4 database.

Have you looked at config.log?  The end of it usually has info about what
was last tested and why configure quit.

If you can't get going from that, send us config.log, config.status, etc
and maybe we can spot the problem.