Unregistering Mail / MD5

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Feb 13 23:16:13 CET 2003

At 05:03 PM 2/13/03, Barry Gould wrote:

>At 01:35 PM 2/13/2003, Chris Wilkes wrote:
>
>>Wow, that sounds like a lot of work just to correct a missclassification
>
>Well, I can also just put it in another mailbox, and feed that mailbox to
>bogofilter later. Either way, the MD5's won't be right.
>
>>... how are you initially running your email through bogofilter?
>
>incoming mail recipe in procmail
>
>>Perhaps you can add on to that so you can have it do the
>>reclassification for you.  So you can just send the email back to the
>>server and let it do all the druge work.
>
>How would you do this without classifying the new headers? e.g. the
>headers are now going to say its from me, with my ip, ...

Barry,

Try running command "bogoutil -p -w $YOUR_DIRECTORY barrygould
pennysaverusa.net".  Both those tokens are already being scored in every
message you receive.  I'd bet that the spamicity is 0.50000 (or darn close
to it).

I assert that that there's little or no difference in the classification of
the original message and the forwarded message.  Your address is already in
the header, so a second copy is not going to matter.