registering spammails

Eric Persson eric at persson.tm
Tue Feb 4 21:54:08 CET 2003

David Relson wrote:
> I don't see any problems.  The bogofilter distribution includes
> additional programs bogolexer and bogoutil, which can be useful
> diagnostic tools.

I tried the extra tests you suggested and it seems like the missing part
which caused my problem was the lack of the -C option which tells it not
to use the default configfiles. I havent actually made a lot of
adjustments to the example file, just some minor modifications.

The problem is since the bogofilter was run by root all the spammessages
and the data about them ended up in /root/.bogofilter/spamlist.db . :)

So, well, I guess this whole mess was kind of my own fault, and lack of
reading the mans caused it. However I learned a lot about bogofilter
now, but I might have wasted your time a bit.

I do appreciate the help I got David, thank you very much.

	Eric