registering spammails

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Feb 4 17:32:39 CET 2003

Eric,

I don't see any problems.  The bogofilter distribution includes additional
programs bogolexer and bogoutil, which can be useful diagnostic tools.

bogolexer can be used to see how the message is being parsed.  In addition
to just "-p" (shown below), you can use "-x ml -vvv" to get lots of output.

bogoutil can be used to dump wordlists (to look at what's actually there).

Below are the additional tests that I ran.

David

#remove old wordlists
[relson at osage src]$ rm -f *.db

#parse message (w/o wordlist update)
[relson at osage src]$ bogolexer -p < test_spam_mail.txt | tee lexer.out | wc -l
     206

#register message
[relson at osage src]$ bogofilter -d . -v -C -s < test_spam_mail.txt
# 206 words, 1 message

#dump worlist
[relson at osage src]$ bogoutil -d spamlist.db | wc -l
     140