New 0.15.13 rpms

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Dec 31 20:27:38 CET 2003

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:02:11 -0800
Chris Wilkes <cwilkes-bf at ladro.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 01:28:38PM -0500, Gyepi SAM wrote:
...[snip]...

> > What's happening here is that configure tests for the presence of a
> > .so file, but the static build process actually requires a .a file.
> > Ideally, we should tweak the configure file to do the right thing in
> > the presence of a '--enable-static' option.
>
> I was hoping there was a way to specify in the rpmbuild that I did not
> want to build the static version of BF, but (again with my limited rpm
> knowledge) I could only find one "%package" in the spec file, and that
> was for the static build.

The spec file's default is to build the dynamically linked version.  The
"%package static" is for the secondary build.

Chris,

When RPM works, it's a wonderful too.  When it gets in the way, it's
usually easiest to to get the tarball, unpack it, then

   configure --prefix=... --with--db-prefix=...  && make && make check
&& make install

I think you should try the "easy" way.