New 0.15.13 rpms

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Dec 31 19:42:40 CET 2003

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:04:15 -0800
Chris Wilkes <cwilkes-bf at ladro.com> wrote:

Chris,

Thank you for downloading 0.15.3-2 and helping in the test.  Now let's
see if we can get you going :-)

> On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 11:07:35AM -0500, David Relson wrote:

...[snip]...

> I've managed to run into the same problem I had before with db4:
>   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.bogofilter.general/5805/
> where it can't find the /usr/lib/libdb.so (which exists) as,
> apaparently, it is looking for it under /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1 per
> your post.  What's odd is that looking at the spec file generated I
> can't find a reference to where it should look for this library.

The configure script has the responsibility for finding it.  Life is
complicated by the many different places that are used by the different
distributions.

> Here's some selected output from my build commmand:
>   rpmbuild -vv --rebuild bogofilter-0.15.13-2.src.rpm
> The full log file and spec file are here:
>   http://ladro.com/bf/rpm-0.15.13-2.log
>   http://ladro.com/bf/bogofilter.spec

Also useful is the "config.log" file that's written during
configuration.

> My system info:
> distro:   RedHat 9.0
> kernel:   2.4.20-8
> glibc:    2.3.2-27.9.7
> DB4 rpms: db4-devel-4.0.14-20 db4-4.0.14-20 db4-utils-4.0.14-20

'Tis good you have db4-devel, 'cause it's necessary for building.  From
your RPM/BUILD/bogofilter-0.15.13.2 directory, run command

   rpm -ql db4-devel | grep libdb-4

and use the library's path in:

  ./autogen.sh --with-libdb-prefix={path}

If that doesn't get further, please make the outputs available
(including config.log).

> You mentioned
>   What may help is to install the source rpm, then use
>   "autogen --with-libdb-prefix=/usr"
> Not being an experience RPM user how do I specify that?  Should I put
> it in my rpmmacros file?

AFAIK, the rpmmacros file doesn't have package specific info like that.