New 0.15.13 rpms

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Dec 31 19:46:50 CET 2003

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 13:28:38 -0500
Gyepi SAM <gyepi at praxis-sw.com> wrote:

...[snip]...

> The logs show a build failure for the static version. Therefore the
> missing file would be /usr/lib/libdb.a not /usr/lib/libdb.so which is
> a dynamic library. Does that file exist?

Gyepi,

Glad you picked up that detail, i.e. "static".  I believe I manually
added a symlink for "libdb.a" on my system, i.e.

[relson at osage cvs]$ ls -l /usr/lib/libdb*4*.a
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root      1116662 Aug 22 05:24
/usr/lib/libdb-4.1.a
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           11 Dec 28 08:58
/usr/lib/libdb-4.a -> libdb-4.1.a
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root      1215336 Aug 22 05:24
/usr/lib/libdb_cxx-4.1.a

Note the newer date for the symlink.

> What's happening here is that configure tests for the presence of a
> .so file, but the static build process actually requires a .a file.
> Ideally, we should tweak the configure file to do the right thing in
> the presence of a '--enable-static' option.

With the symlink, configure works fine.