can't find wordlist.db

Gyepi SAM gyepi at praxis-sw.com
Wed Dec 31 04:16:01 CET 2003

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 02:26:09PM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, David Relson wrote:
> The RPM will happily install on a system with the wrong BerkeleyDB
> version, only to fail horribly at run time.

We can address this by adding minimum version numbers to the rpm Requires line.
David has alluded to this.

> Some observations:
>
> - SuSE Linux 8.2 ships libdb-3.3.so in the "compat" rpm. Unfortunately,
>   the description of that rpm (rpm -qi) doesn't mention it.

Yes, but what does 'rpm -q --provides libdb-compat' say.

> - GSL isn't listed as dependency

Require: gsl

All of the SuSE specific stuff can be wrapped with

%if %{_vendor} = 'suse'

%else

%endif

but it gets hairy and annoying fairly easily. The spec "language" is rather
simple minded.

Another possible solution is to maintain separate rpm files for each major
distribution, but that requires maintainers...

-Gyepi