can't find wordlist.db

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Dec 31 10:50:36 CET 2003

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Gyepi SAM wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 02:26:09PM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> > On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, David Relson wrote:
> > The RPM will happily install on a system with the wrong BerkeleyDB
> > version, only to fail horribly at run time.
>
> We can address this by adding minimum version numbers to the rpm Requires line.

No, we cannot, unfortunately. The BerkeleyDB library version must match
exactly, so the library's SONAME must be given in the Requires line, or
be derived by Autoreqprov: on (which is default and has now been
overridden, to our disadvantage).

> David has alluded to this.
>
> > Some observations:
> >
> > - SuSE Linux 8.2 ships libdb-3.3.so in the "compat" rpm. Unfortunately,
> >   the description of that rpm (rpm -qi) doesn't mention it.
>
> Yes, but what does 'rpm -q --provides libdb-compat' say.

"package libdb-compat is not installed" there is no standard how
packages are named on each distribution :-(

How about these (SuSE Linux 8.2):

$ LANG=C rpm -q --whatprovides libdb-3.3.so
compat-2003.2.22-9
$ LANG=C rpm -q --whatprovides libdb-4.0.so
db-4.0.14-249
$ LANG=C rpm -q --whatprovides libdb-4.1.so
no package provides libdb-4.1.so

> > - GSL isn't listed as dependency
>
> Require: gsl

Yup, but: what symbols bogofilter expects depends on whether the GSL
version is 1.1 or 1.4. We need to use either:

Requires: gsl >= 1.1, gsl < 1.4

or

Requires: gsl = 1.4

Unfortunately, the GSL library hasn't changed version numbers although
the ABI has changed between 1.3 and 1.4 :-/

> All of the SuSE specific stuff can be wrapped with
>
> %if %{_vendor} = 'suse'
>
> %else
>
> %endif

Good idea.

> Another possible solution is to maintain separate rpm files for each major
> distribution, but that requires maintainers...

I wonder how we can trick RPM into picking the right .spec file when
someone types "rpm -tb bogofilter-0.15.13.tar.gz" or something (or
rpmbuild with RPM 4 based systems).