mbx support?

Eric Wood eric at interplas.com
Tue Dec 23 15:59:43 CET 2003

From: "Matthias Andree":
> To convert a mbx file to traditional mailbox format, I'd type:
>
> mailutil copy /full/path/to/some.mbx
'#driver.unix//full/path/to/some.mbox'

That's what I was looking for, and it worked.  Now I can re-train
bogofilter.  I don't see a great need for mbx read support in bogofilter
now.

On a side note, I'm not at all loyal to mbx format, it's just that it has
never messed up on my server, which serves about 100 people.  And it fits
well with all my virtual domain support that vimap.sourceforge.net offers
me.

Found this interesting complaint about mbx:
http://www.mail-archive.com/c-client@u.washington.edu/msg00163.html

And yes, if you delete lots of messages from OE, you sometimes get a
"message can not be displayed" timeout.  But clicking off of the folder and
back onto it, refreshes the folder just fine.  It's as though OE doesn't
have much tollerance to let the server do its cleanup.    This is due to the
intensive IO the box has to do in handling a large mbx file.  Time for a
faster server, huh?  But, no question, much better than plain mbox.
Evolution has more tollerance for imap or it's just implemented much better
as I don't get an complaints as I do from OE/LookOut users.  But, no
corruption has ever occured and imapd always "did the right thing" for the
cleanup.

What's cool it to deliver straight to a mbx file using wu-imap's dmail
utility:
* ? bogofilter -u
{
  :0