mbx support?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Dec 23 20:15:02 CET 2003

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Eric Wood wrote:

> That's what I was looking for, and it worked.  Now I can re-train
> bogofilter.  I don't see a great need for mbx read support in bogofilter
> now.

It has been added to the English FAQ, but not yet to the French FAQ, I
need a proofreader first.

> On a side note, I'm not at all loyal to mbx format, it's just that it has
> never messed up on my server, which serves about 100 people.  And it fits
> well with all my virtual domain support that vimap.sourceforge.net offers
> me.
>
> Found this interesting complaint about mbx:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/c-client@u.washington.edu/msg00163.html

It doesn't look too problematic though, but now that it isn't really
needed, we can resort to the UNIX way: one task, one tool.

> And yes, if you delete lots of messages from OE, you sometimes get a
> "message can not be displayed" timeout.

Frankly, I don't care for broken OE error messages. Microsoft is
well-known (infamous) for inaccurate content in requesters.

> What's cool it to deliver straight to a mbx file using wu-imap's dmail
> utility:
> * ? bogofilter -u
> {
>   :0
>   | dmail +SPAM
> }

SuSE haven't packaged this program. *shrug*