Teching bogofilter by forwarding messages

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Sat Dec 20 19:26:15 CET 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 19:26, Stroller wrote:
> Only my opinion, but decentralised email storage is a Bad Thing (tm).
> You should disable the users POP3 access & make it company policy that
> users HAVE to keep their mail on the server using IMAP. It would be

As the administrator of a relatively small mail server (<50 users), I
find the idea of forcing IMAP absurd, especially for anyone supporting
more users than I do.  Do you realize how many emails people like to
save, for whatever reason?  An average mailbox can grow to 500M+.
Sorry, but they can keep that crap on their own HDs.  Plus bandwidth and
CPU time are increased for IMAP.  No need to waste server resources.  If
I needed to charge users for such storage & bandwidth, my service would
quickly be replaced by someone else offering POP3.

Tom