Interesting review of spam filters (bogofilter included)

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Sun Aug 24 14:10:47 CEST 2003

On 20030823 (Sat) at 2251:56 -0400, David Relson wrote:

> I wonder if there's a meaningful way to
> determine an even better set of "standard" parms ???

Probably not.  The values we distribute derive primarily from your
experience and mine, and if they work well for others, it must be that
your experience and mine, taken together, are reasonably typical of
what the average bogofilter user will see.  To improve our defaults we
would have to assemble a truly representative sample of the planet's
email -- not an easy task.  It's to be hoped that all the work we've
put into telling people how to tune bogofilter for themselves will help
users optimize for their own environments, which is much the better way
anyhow.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s         | gpg public key: 0x400B1AA86D9E3E64 |
|  http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   (on my website or any keyserver) |