problems using bogofilter v0.11.1.3

Torsten Kunkel torsten at tkunkel.de
Sun Apr 20 04:14:20 CEST 2003

> Torsten,
>
> "-s" and "-n" are used to _add_ messages to spamlist.db and
> goodlist.db.  "-S" and "-N" are used to _remove_ them from the
> lists.  Commbinations "-S -n" and "-N -s" (also written "-Sn" and "-Ns")
> can be used to move them from one wordlist to the other.
>
> Using "-N" and "-S" without intending to _will_ cause trouble - as you seem
> to have discovered.

I used -Ns and -Sn and got the problem. the manpage says: "The -N
option tells bogofilter to undo a prior registration of the same
message  as  non-spam."
My bogofilter didn't undo a registration, it removes any
registration. I had 8 registrations of message A for Spam, 5 times
message B for non-spam. Then I say "-Sn" to message C and the counter
for spammessages was reduced by one.
I think the manpage is false in this point. Message C and B wer _not_
the same.

> Is bogofilter working better now that you've got _that_ problem solved?

Bogofilter is working ok now.

Torsten