Wierd bogofilter/procmail thing happening

Bob Bernstein bernstein at cesmail.net
Wed Apr 16 08:53:38 CEST 2003

michael at optusnet.com.au let it be known that:

> The problem is that spamassassin's accuracy isn't that great, and
> it will wind up adding a bunch of spam as 'good', and a bunch of
> 'good' things as spam, which will seriously degrade the
> bogofilter effectiveness.

Oh fer sure; I see that. Here's what I am attempting to get around it:

1. Based on Spamassasin's spam/not-spam decision, use procmail to update
my wordlists with simple 'bogofilter -s' and 'bogofilter -n' commands.

2. Then, using my wordlists, have bogofilter make its decision as to
whether the message is spam or not, with 'bogofilter -e -p', and based
on that result file the message either in my spam folder or other
message-base folders.

3. Constantly review the contents of my spam folder, and fix all errors
with 'bogofilter -Sn'. Similarly for any mistakes I find in my
message-base folders.

At some point, soon I think, I will just take SpamAssassin out of the
loop, and use my wordlists, only adding a '-u' to the bogofilter
commandline in #2 above.

Make sense?

--
Bob Bernstein