Wierd bogofilter/procmail thing happening

michael at optusnet.com.au michael at optusnet.com.au
Wed Apr 16 08:02:07 CEST 2003

Bob Bernstein <bernstein at cesmail.net> writes:
> David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> let it be known that:
>
> > As a test, you _could_ try scoring the body of the message, rather
> > than the whole message.  I think it's the 'b' flag you'll need for
> > procmail.
>
> 'B', n'est-ce pas? <g>
>
> Thanks for this hint. I was not aware of that procmail option. Right now
> I am training bogofilter using Spamassassin, which would it seems to me

Note: Having been there, done that; This will eventually wind up
confusing the hell out of bogofilter.

The problem is that spamassassin's accuracy isn't that great, and
it will wind up adding a bunch of spam as 'good', and a bunch of
'good' things as spam, which will seriously degrade the
bogofilter effectiveness.

What you're better off doing is using spamassassin to build
a corpus, then use bogofilter to improve the sort, and
finally do a pass by hand. You'll be suprised at how often
spamassassin gets it wrong. :(

Michael, doing the experience thang.