question on multiple wordlists

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Oct 11 19:20:18 CEST 2002

At 01:07 PM 10/11/02, Eric Seppanen wrote:
>On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 12:56:16PM -0400, David Relson wrote:
> >
> > --wordlist <filename> would work well for simple updates, e.g. '-s' and
> > '-n'.  For transfers ('-S' and '-N') two wordlists are needed.  We could
> > --spamlist <filename> and --goodlist <filename>.
>
>You misunderstood what I meant.  It's not necessary to specify that this
>is a goodlist or spamlist, just "update this list with this message" so
>--wordlist <filename> could work instead of -s or -n, not in addition to.
>
>So you could say
>bogofilter -n <goodmsg
>bogofilter -s <spammsg
>bogofilter --wordlist misc <miscmsg

You're right, -n and -s aren't needed with --wordlist.  Each of the options
implies operations on a single wordlist.

However consider the following:

bogofilter -d mydirectory -n <goodmsg
bogofilter -d mydirectory -s <spammsg

Given the possibility of typing -n when -s was meant, -N and -S will remain
useful with -d.  Given that the user may do:

bogofilter --wordlist myspamlist <spammsg
bogofilter --wordlist mygoodlist <goodmsg

There's still a need for -N and -S which take two wordlists.  This leads to
the value of --spamlist and --goodlist.