question on multiple wordlists

Eric Seppanen eds at reric.net
Fri Oct 11 19:07:59 CEST 2002

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 12:56:16PM -0400, David Relson wrote:

> --wordlist <filename> would work well for simple updates, e.g. '-s' and
> '-n'.  For transfers ('-S' and '-N') two wordlists are needed.  We could
> --spamlist <filename> and --goodlist <filename>.

You misunderstood what I meant.  It's not necessary to specify that this
is a goodlist or spamlist, just "update this list with this message" so
--wordlist <filename> could work instead of -s or -n, not in addition to.

So you could say
bogofilter -n <goodmsg
bogofilter -s <spammsg
bogofilter --wordlist misc <miscmsg

Again, I really think that -S and -N are totally unnecessary (for
user-defined lists), because the lists will almost certainly be
hand-maintained.  Plus, I think in a lot of cases people will keep
additional spam lists _without_ additional goodlists.  -S and -N make no
sense if you only have one list.

I think it'd be good to wait and see if there's any real problems before
we go add options that are never going to be used.