mailing list speed

Zack Weinberg zack at codesourcery.com
Sun Oct 6 06:59:08 CEST 2002

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 11:16:06AM -0700, Adrian Otto wrote:

> I'm also busy deciding what mailing list software I'm going to use. I'm
> currently considering Majordomo 2.x and GNU MailMan. If you have an opinion,
> today is the day to share it with me.

I would discourage you from using MailMan, for the reasons given in
the article http://www.jwz.org/doc/mailman.html.  Also, I somewhat
concur with the assessment downthread that ezmlm is a pain for the
user - I have no problem with it but I can definitely see how some
might (everything *else* uses commands in the message body or subject,
why must this one use magic To: addresses?)

I haven't personally had to install or maintain a MLM ever, so I can't
offer comments on that end of things.

zw