sqlite problems on Mac OS X 10.4 (was Re: bogofilter-0.96.1 - aka 1.0.0-rc1)

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Sep 5 18:39:30 CEST 2005

Jim Correia wrote:
> When building with the sqlite database engine on Mac OS X 10.4,  t.lock3
> hangs. Hints on further diagnosis and solutions?
>
> Then I try the built binary from the command line
>
> $ ./src/bogofilter -C -d ~/Desktop/bfwordlists/
> bogofilter[16559]: cannot compile SELECT value FROM bogofilter WHERE
> key=? LIMIT 1;: no such table: bogofilter_
>
> and an empty wordlists.db file is created.
>
> Is there something wrong with my build? Pilot error?

Flight instructor says: "The first you should do after building and installing
bogofilter is register some tokens." Perhaps that helps, i. e. first run of
bogofilter should either be with -s or -n option and a spam or ham message or
mailbox or Maildir as input. (See also the -B and -M options).

The actual error message is "no such table: bogofilter_". In how far is the DB
file empty, what do you get when using sqlite3 to ".dump" the entire database?