sqlite problems on Mac OS X 10.4 (was Re: bogofilter-0.96.1 - aka 1.0.0-rc1)

Jim Correia jim.correia at pobox.com
Mon Sep 5 18:48:18 CEST 2005

On Sep 5, 2005, at 12:39 PM, Matthias Andree wrote:

> Flight instructor says: "The first you should do after building and
> installing
> bogofilter is register some tokens." Perhaps that helps, i. e.
> first run of
> bogofilter should either be with -s or -n option and a spam or ham
> message or
> mailbox or Maildir as input. (See also the -B and -M options).

I figured that out a moment ago (partially remembered from earlier
days.)

> The actual error message is "no such table: bogofilter_". In how
> far is the DB
> file empty, what do you get when using sqlite3 to ".dump" the
> entire database?

Literally a 0 byte file.

BEGIN TRANSACTION;
COMMIT;

Looking at the source, it doesn't appear the tables are created
unless the wordlists are opened for writing, which doesn't happen if
we aren't registering or updating (if I am reading things correctly.)

Jim