QDBM and transactions

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Nov 1 02:31:42 CET 2004

Stefan Bellon <sbellon at sbellon.de> writes:

> BTW: Nobody has commented to my migration program. I used it to migrate
> my 27 MB Depot database to a 7 MB Villa database with the same content.
> It worked and is quicker now. Oh, and the hard disc is _much_ quieter
> during Bogofilter activities with Villa in contrast to Depot.

I've polished it and added it as a first-class citizen called
bogoQDBMupgrade in the bogofilter distribution.

The most important changes were:

1. the cmpkey function has seen an incompatible change to align QDBM and
   DB dump order - only affects people who have used the new Villa API
   version. dump/load should fix this.

   I wanted to "breakpair" this before 0.93.0 proper.

2. the program now checks if the output is already in B+tree format.

   Because the latter is just furniture inside the Hash format, dpopen
   will happily open a B+tree data base and dump B+tree pages rather
   than bogofilter wordlist records, nuking the user's data base.

3. the cmpkey function was split out into a separate file so we only
   have one central copy around.