QDBM and transactions

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Mon Nov 1 09:16:41 CET 2004

Matthias Andree wrote:

[snip]

> The most important changes were:

> 1. the cmpkey function has seen an incompatible change to align QDBM
>    and DB dump order - only affects people who have used the new
>    Villa API version. dump/load should fix this.

I don't completely understand. What are your changes? Could you post
your cmpkey?

> 2. the program now checks if the output is already in B+tree format.

>    Because the latter is just furniture inside the Hash format, dpopen
>    will happily open a B+tree data base and dump B+tree pages rather
>    than bogofilter wordlist records, nuking the user's data base.

I thought about this as well but as this is only relevant if somebody
moves from 0.93.0 to an older version I thought it wouldn't be that
important. If you want, you can always corrupt your database anyway.
But if you added the check: nice.

> 3. the cmpkey function was split out into a separate file so we only
>    have one central copy around.

Yes, that's something I wanted to do as well becaus of my background[1]
but as I wasn't sure whether you accepted my migration program I
couldn't do it.

[1] I'm active researcher in the field of software clone detection. I
    organized and participated in the "1st International Workshop on
    Detection of Software Clones". Apart from clone detection we have
    lots of other analyses available:
    http://www.bauhaus-stuttgart.de/demo/

--
Stefan Bellon